Indie Campers provides campervans and other road trip vehicles in destinations across Europe through a seamless and personalized online experience. With a dedicated customer care team, they take out the hassle of planning a road trip and provide local travel advice, highlighting special places for an unforgettable road trip.
Indie Campers is looking for a Branch Operations Specialist to lead a team of 5-8 staff at their Keflavík office location.
This person will be the “face” of the company and ensures guests receive outstanding service. The specialist will coordinate all operational and support activities, including van preparation and administrative tasks.
- Train, supervise and support location staff, including client assistants, cleaning/shuttle officers and trainees;
- Receive and deliver the campervans (check-ins and check-outs);
- Using oral and written communication skills to register guests, process payments and
explain the vehicle functionalities, reservation details and terms & conditions;
- Maintain updated information on van availability, reservations and guest communications;
- Verify and prepare vans after each booking;
- Handle complaints and specific customers’ requests and troubleshoot emergencies;
- Monitor stock and order depot supplies;
- Receive and manage recurrent suppliers;
- Perform all the supportive functions to make sure operations run smoothly, including delivering vans, check-in procedures and prepare vans.
- Proven work experience as a team leader in hospitality/tourism or a customer service position (Hotel, Hostel, Rent-a-car) is required.
- Degree in Tourism or Hospitality is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Icelandic.
- Valid driver’s license and confidence to drive a campervan.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Outgoing and friendly personality and a natural talent for customer service.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Dynamic and proactive approach.
- Availability for flexible schedules and a hands-on approach to problems.
- Problem Solver: Flexibility and availability for last-minute challenges and the ability to focus on customer satisfaction.
- Responsible, organized and capacity for critical reflection.